Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Maybelline Hyper Glossy Runway Pop Liquid Liners

Duh, duh. Who loves colorful liquid liners? I should admit that I really do, thanks to the Collection Glam Dazzling Liner that I received not so long time ago! After trying out some colors of glittery color liner, I think it’s a good idea to get out of the box and dive into some new style, probably soon turn into a trend? LOL, who knows I may be a trendsetter one day, eh? *get slapped*

And to welcome the Summer 2013, (or simply a “dry season” here in Indonesia), Maybelline has finally launched another amazing products apart from the Baby Lips Color, which is the HYPER GLOSSY RUNWAY POP LIQUID LINER!


Ingredients: 
Aqua / Water, Acrylates / Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Laurethe-21, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium, EDTA, Tinoxide, Steareth-20, Sucrose Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol,[+/- May Contain CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77266 / Black 2, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 75470 / Caramine ]

Description taken from Maybelline.co.in:
For eyes that shine with the boldest design!
  • Rock the gutsy attitude with Maybelline Colors! Hot off the runway... easy to wear every day. 

Sleek, Handy,Simple…Go!
Comes in a black with glossy material tube, these liners surely has sleek packaging and pretty much slim to store in your pouch without taking so much space. I love the pointy end of the elongated cap where you place your hand there while applying liner; it’s not so fat or too thin for you to have a good grip there. The color used on the printed label in each of the tube’s body represents the shade of the liner you get inside!



The Versions of The Magical Liners
Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner comes in two versions, in case you get confused like how much I did back there. The one in black, which costs cheaper and the runway pop version with 5 shades to choose from. Definitely the Runway Pop series cost you more LOL and the difference is not too much, around $2 only. I have 4 out of 5 shades the Runway Pop Liners have; maybe someday I would look forward to complete my collection after finding some way to really work the khaki green color on my look, LOL. My friends insist me to complete the collection, whaddya think? (‾‾◊‾‾”)


All version has 3 grams, but different and varies in price ranging from $4 to $6. I have googled for this liner while looking for its description, and somehow I only find Indians bloggers and Indonesian bloggers doing the reviews for this liner. I’m not very sure this liner is launched in every country yet, but for the black version I guess it’s.


Lovable Applicator
For the applicator that is housed by the cap, I should say I love this kind of applicator the most. It’s a thin and (very!) soft brush type applicator which is good to apply a very thin and winged, flick liner. Some may not prefer this kind of applicator as it takes some times to apply a bolder line, but I’d rather build the line’s thickness than to cut down the line’s size using remover like so.


Vivid Pop Colors, Glossy Finish.
The color provided by this liner is very opaque and kind of metallic. From a closer look, you can see fine shimmer. The finish is indeed glossy as its name. With such kind of colors and finish, of course they do their job beautifully and pop your eyes in no time! These liners take around 10-15 seconds like so before it dries up completely. The bolder the line you draw, the longer it takes to dry up. Quite a while eh, but I understand it due to the runny (but not watery!) formula they have.

Arm swatch. L-R (Hot Pink - Navy - Turquoise Green - Tangerine Orange)
I have some complain here, I'm not very sure it's only me or the product really have such strong alcohol smell! This is not kidding, the liner actually stings my eyes and gives a few seconds of "warm" sensation on your lid while it's still wet. Once it's dried up completely, however the warmness is gone. Sure you want to pay attention to this, those with sensitive eyes as the alcohol contain in these liners are quite high.


Surprisingly, the pink color doesn't go as smooth on lids even though it looks awesome on arm swatch. It seems the formula is runnier than the others, therefore it streaks when applied. I needed 2 coats to achieve a bold and perfect line as shown in eye swatch below.





Smudgeproof, but Waterproof if only…
For the claim “smudge-proof”, yes I should admit that. They doesn’t budge even you rub them, but in a hardcore mode, sometimes they can tore into flakes too. As long as you won’t rub your eyes as if you’re scratching a bug’s bite, you’ll find they’re smudge proof. “Waterproof”? Yes, they’re waterproof enough as long as you don’t rub them while wet. Bringing makeup while swimming is not something I’ll do, but these liners won’t smudge around your eyes creating a rainbow halo there while you’re swimming with them, the worst that may happen is that they would come off in flakes and disappear right away when you wipe out the water out of your eyes and face. Just that!

The staying power however is awesome, I wear them without primer (not recommended way) and they don’t budge, don’t transfer, don’t smudge nor flake in more than 8-9 hours. Haven’t tested it for a longer time of wearing, but it’s awesome enough to stand alone without primer for such a long time! The color is just as vibrant as they’re first applied, too~

Costing you around IDR 49,000 or around $6, these Runway Pop series are such a steal! How can you miss such colorful liquid liner with beautiful color and cheap tag price? Repurchase, I definitely will do once I run out of them! Maybe, I should really complete my collection too, eh?

Score

Last Words?
Maybelline Hyper Glossy Runway Pop Liners are totally a steal for those who look for a budget-friendly but great in quality liquid liners! A friendly warning though for those with sensitive eyes, these liners has seriously high contain of alcohol you may feel a sting/warm sensation on your lids. If you’re looking for a vivid pop colorful liquid liner for your summer, this might be a good pick for you. Don’t forget that Maybelline is also having a sale quite often, making this liner worth your money more LOL

***


So, have you tried this liner? Whaddya think, and would you buy it after seeing this review? Hope I tempted you enough LOL because I don’t want me myself to enjoy the beautiful color of the series. Enjoy, XOXO!

35 comments:

  1. aw...ada warna pink..I love pink color.
    Pantes dicoba nih. Racun baru..racun baru...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. orange nya bagus beb.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. pinknya not as good as the others, but maybe mine was just one in a thousands. cobain, and tell me if you love it like I do :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. wawawa... very nice eyeliner.. i should try them soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colored eyeliners!! Though I have to say this in term of colored, glitters or metallic eyeliners, you are not supposed to put it on your waterline. It definitely will sting and totally not recommended for waterline. Anyway, just Fyi. I do love these eyeliners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg oline, I need this eyeliner!! *racun bgt ini*

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's, but the application turns a little bit streaky on lids! it didn't happen to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I THOUGHT SO HA HA HA *evil laugh* >w<

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG it's my fault, I didn't put it on my waterline LOL it's actually along the lower lash line! surprisingly, it doesn't sting once applied there. it does when applies on the upper lid ugh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe it needs some shaking? Formula might've separated idk ;o

    ReplyDelete
  11. racunnya mantap ci, jadi pengen coba
    btw itu brush nya ga nahan, nice review ><

    ReplyDelete
  12. TURQUOISE! Fav color XD Thanks for the great review, baby :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. turqouisenya mantep..
    yang pink tetep bikin ngiler buat coba hihi :)
    thanks reviewx :)


    dheicyandherlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color are so vibrant!!gosh..it looks so pretty on your eyes!


    http://marvelikalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're such a pro and putting on eyeliner *3* I wish I had you're talent~ The colors are really vibrant and so pretty! I want to try them out now~ <3 Thanks for the review!


    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought one before I moved to USA, but I stick with the classic black. It faded as soon as I cried. Guess it's not that waterproofed after all.

    Bisous! :*

    Sequin Queen

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL it doesn't fade on me, it flakes! waterproof until you start to rub your eyes..maybe that's why it faded?

    ReplyDelete
  18. thankssss aimee! <3 LOL with a lot of practice I think you'll beat me in no time.
    yes, they're all pretty~~ welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. they're indeed pretty! grab some when it's available on your nearest counter eh? XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. yang pink cute! i love the orange, anyway...navy juga, not so boring like black lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. thankss bunga darling :* cute turquoise green, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  22. :3 emang cakep hihihi brushnya juga, oke kan? not like the old Maybelline!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll try! the packaging doesn't say so, but I'll try shaking it. thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maybe? I haven't check it out but pretty soon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. banget deh oke nya, setuju ci beda banget sama yang dulu
    love the turquoise blue nya <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. waaawww.... nice info..

    ReplyDelete
  27. pink sama orange-nya kereeenn :)

    http://wind-atree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yang orange cakep banget >.< *masukin ke list*

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love them aLL, thank you for the review >.<

    ReplyDelete
  30. fix abis ini ke mall terus beli 44nya

    ReplyDelete